LecturersSee all lecturers
Jeroen Riemsdijk (born 1962) is a concert pianist, chamber musician, teacher, researcher and writer. He regularly performs as soloist and with leading artists in prestigious concerts halls, at festivals and in the recording studio. Riemsdijk is the artistic director of Masters on Stage and previously of the Altembrouck series in Belgium. He has premiered and commissioned many new works.View full profile
Accompaniment & musical/vocal coaching
A personal programme will be made, to deepen and broaden some core-competences for accompaniment and musical/vocal coaching.
• The art of dialogue: ‘giving’ and ‘taking’ in duo-playing
• Sight reading
• Last minute preparation for concerts, auditions etc.
• Orchestral reduction
• Percussionist level of rhythmical understanding
• To understand typical instrumental difficulties in a composition
The study in Accompaniment will prepare you for a broad musical area. The student can study Classical Duo repertoire or explore Contemporary repertoire, modern atonal music or Post-Modern works that are influenced by Jazz, Tango or other World-music styles.
Specific Admission requirements
for Accompaniment vocal and instrumental coaching
Master of Music Audition Repertoire
Excerpts from instrumental/vocal repertoire. The student may choose to specialize in instrumental or vocal repertoire.
• Sonata Violin or Cello and Piano L. v Beethoven
• Sonata for Viola/Clarinet and piano Joh. Brahms
• Sonate for Violin and Piano C. Franck
20e/21e century repertoire
• Sonata cello and piano D. Shostakowitch
• Clarinet sonata L. Bernstein
• Prelude, Dance et Final Desenclos
• Saxophone Concerto J. Ibert
• Romantic Violin Concerto Joh Brahms, F. Mendelssohn with Intro.
Selection of Mozart, French or Italian operas
Mozart Aria, France Aria, Italian operas
Passion Aria Joh. S. Bach
Oedipus Rex Aria I. Stravinsky
• ‘Die Forelle’,‘Gretchen am Spinrade’ Fr. Schubert
• Selection of a Song Cycle by Cl. Debussy, R. Strauss