LecturersSee all lecturers
Carlo Marchione (born 1964) teaches Classical Guitar at Conservatorium Maastricht. He graduated cum laude at the Conservatorio S. Cecilia in Rome (Italy). Marchione regularly gives masterclasses at major festivals and conservatoires in Europe and America (Milano, Madrid, Lille, Rome, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, etc.). He also gives lectures about the most important arguments concerning analysis and performance of the guitar repertoire (Bach’s Ciaccona, Britten-Nocturnal, Ponce-Sonata III, Sor-Fantaisie Elegiaque, etc.). These workshops are usually part of a series of lectures taught by leading guitar professors.View full profile
Specific admission requirements Guitar
• 30-minute programme
• It is preferable to choose pieces of contrasting character and style.
• The choice of the pieces themselves is left entirely to the applicant, as this is an indicator of his/her level and musical taste and therefore an essential element in the selection process.
• A video-recorded entrance examination is preferred, but not obligatory. If the applicant chooses this option, the recording of the programme must be sent as a YouTube or MySpace link to the e-mail address provided by Conservatorium Maastricht. The programme may be recorded in several sessions, but each piece must be recorded in one take.
Naturally, the applicant may still choose to perform the examination programme on the date and time scheduled by Conservatorium Maastricht.
Pieces of a level of difficulty equivalent to:
• Early Music: J. Dowland: any Fantasia
• Classical: F. Sor: Variations Op. 9; F. Molino: Grande Ouverture
• Romantic: F. Tarrega or A. Barrios Mangoré: any work
• Modern: M. M. Ponce: Sonatina Meridional; R. R. Bennett: Impromptus