Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record 2 videos that contain:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the requested assignments, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the assignments he or she will perform.
The videos should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidate’s responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Pre-Audition requirements for a Master audition
A Bachelor degree in Music Theory and/or Musicology is strongly recommended, but not compulsory. Every candidate will need to show a sufficiently high level of music theoretical skills and knowledge, comparable to the final level of a Bachelor in Music Theory. The candidate needs to present a clear research topic and proposal, which will be discussed with the selection committee.
Video recordings of:
- Piano playing, 2 pieces: at least one piece with polyphonic techniques (for example Bach 3-part invention)
- Prepared sight singing assignment
- Partimento assignment
Submit in pdf:
- Research proposal
- Analysis assignment (annotated score)
- Harmony/counterpoint assignment
- Harmony / counterpoint material from previous courses and studies (max 10)
- 3 Analysis papers in different styles; at least one analysis before 1750
- Style compositions; at least in 3 different historical styles
- Bachelor research paper
The assignments will be sent to the candidates after email contact with the selection committee.
Additional requirements for (online) live-audition
- Unprepared sight singing, rhythm
- Playing 4-voice harmonic progressions and partimento.
- Literature / article discussion
- Motivation - interview