Choosing to study Cello at Conservatorium Maastricht means choosing to develop your individual talent as a musician in every aspect of the field. The supporting curriculum aims to develop your performance in varied contexts: solo, chamber music and orchestral playing in different projects. Apart from acquiring a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge, you will also be encouraged to develop your creative side and hone your entrepreneurial skills within the music world. The combination of individual attention from one of our internationally acclaimed lecturers, being part of an international class of the highest level, and a curriculum with substance, will inspire you to achieve your full potential as an artist.
Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record two video’s that contains:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the audition programme in one take, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the programme he or she will perform.
The video’s should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidates responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Video audition requirements for a Bachelor audition
Three works from different styles (baroque, classical, romantic, modern), among those:
- A fast and a slow movement from a Bach suite
- The first movement of a concerto
- An etude (Duport, Popper, Piatti) or a virtuosic piece