If you choose to study cello at Conservatorium Maastricht, you choose to develop your individual talent as a musician in all aspects of the field. The supporting curriculum aims at developing your playing in varied contexts: solo, chamber music, orchestra, different projects. In addition to acquiring a sound foundation in theoretical knowledge, you are also encouraged to develop your creative side and hone your entrepreneurial skills within the music world. The combination of individual attention with one of our internationally acclaimed lecturers amid an international class of the highest level and a curriculum with substance will inspire you to achieve your full potential as an artist.
During the Bachelor, the focus will be on creating a solid technical foundation, developing essential musical skills and building your core repertoire. The Master focuses on expanding on all of these areas to widen your musical horizon and strengthen your artistic personality.
Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record two video’s that contains:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the audition programme in one take, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the programme he or she will perform.
The video’s should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidates responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Video audition requirements for a Bachelor audition
Three works from different styles (baroque, classical, romantic, modern), among those:
- A fast and a slow movement from a Bach suite
- The first movement of a concerto
- An etude (Duport, Popper, Piatti) or a virtuosic piece