Studying Viola at Conservatorium Maastricht means spending an intensive period developing your individual talent with world-renowned teachers. The combination of individual attention, an international environment and an interesting and complete curriculum will inspire you to realise your artistic potential. You will have the chance to discover the best of the viola repertoire, take part in chamber music groups and learn how to play in an orchestra. We will offer you any support you need in preparing for orchestra auditions and (international) solo competitions.
The Bachelor’s programme focuses on developing your technical skills, musical vision and building up your repertoire. During the Master’s, you will focus on refining your ideas about your future musical life and starting to prepare for it.
Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record two video’s that contains:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the audition programme in one take, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the programme he or she will perform.
The video’s should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidates responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Audition requirements for a Master audition
Please record the following pieces:
- The first movement of the viola concerto of Stamitz or Hoffmeister
- One movement of a suite, sonata or partita by J.S. Bach
- One movement of a Romantic Sonata
- One work of your own choice