The Clarinet programme at Conservatorium Maastricht offers a broad spectrum of high-level training in solo, chamber, and orchestral performance. Apart from performing your solo repertoire, you will participate in chamber music, an integral part of the Conservatorium Maastricht experience. You will also play in various ensembles which offer you the experience of performing a wide variety of repertoire under the leadership of acclaimed guest conductors.
In the Bachelor’s programme, you will focus on advanced, pre-professional music training to develop knowledge, understanding and skills across a range of practical, theoretical and conceptual aspects of music.
In the Master’s programme, you will continue to develop your musical skills, enabling you to pursue a career at the highest level in many areas of music. At Master’s level, you will be able to specialise in your instrument.
Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record two video’s that contains:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the audition programme in one take, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the programme he or she will perform.
The video’s should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidates responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Audition requirements for a Bachelor audition
Major and minor scales up to three sharps and flats, and corresponding triads.
Performance of two études of contrasting character, to be chosen from:
- P. Jeanjean – Etudes Progressives et Mélodiques Vol. 1
- H. Klosé – Trente Etudes
- A. Uhl – 48 Etudes Vol. 1
- A. Perier – Vingt Etudes Faciles et Progressives
- M. Bitch – Etudes de Rythme
- Cavallini – 24 caprices
Perform two recital pieces/sonatas of contrasting character, choosen from:
- M. Arnold – Sonatina for Clarinet and Piano
- J. Wanhall – Sonata for Clarinet and Piano
- C.M.v. Weber – Concertino Op. 26 for Clarinet and Orchestra
- R. Stamitz – Concerto no. 3 in Bb for Clarinet and Orchestra
- H. Rabaud – Solo de Concours
- N. Gade – Fantasiestücke
- J. Stamitz – Concerto Bb major