Choosing to study in the Guitar class in Maastricht means studying in a class of absolute level which is internationally recognised as one of the most relevant in the international guitar scene. The guitar class is led by lecturers who are devoted to your cause and who tailors the lessons to your needs while working towards the optimisation of your musical and personal qualities.
Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record two video’s that contains:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the audition programme in one take of 20 to max 30 minutes, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the programme he or she will perform.
The video’s should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidates responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Audition requirements for a Bachelor audition
Since many years the choice of the programme is left completely to the candidate, for this shows clearly to the teacher the inclination, taste and character of her-him and give crucial information to the teacher. Therefore, there are no specific requirements concerning the style or degree of difficulty; a technically easy Sarabande (for example from the BWV 995) can be much more difficult to perform than a show off piece where only manual skills are requested. For these reason also thematic programmes are welcome (for example: 19th century sonatas, or baroque Fantasias).
Examples of repertoire (not binding):
- J. Dowland: Fantasias
- G.Ph. Telemann: Fantasias for violin
- D. Scarlatti: Sonatas (any)
- J.S. Bach: any piece
- M. Giuliani: Sonatina op.71 n.3
- F. Sor: Any set of Variations
- R. Bennet: Impromptus
- M.M. Ponce: Sonatina Meridional