Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record two video’s that contains:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the audition programme in one take, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the programme he or she will perform.
The video’s should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidates responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Audition requirements for a Bachelor audition
Two recital pieces: concerto, sonata or solo piece of contrasting character, having the level of the following pieces:
- W.A. Mozart: Horn concerto no. 4
- R. Strauss: Horn concerto no. 1 op. 11
- H. Neuling: Bagatelle
- R. Schumann: Adagio and Allegro
- V.D. Kirchner; Tre Poemi
- O. Messiaen: appèl interstellaire
Four Orchestral excerpts
Student prepares 4 orchestral excerpts that are regularly asked in auditions for orchestral jobs.
The excerpts have to be from different historical styles