Erasmus & Exchanges
Conservatorium Maastricht does not only operate at the centre of the Euregion, it is also home to over 42 different nationalities. Students from around the globe opt for our high-quality education, our unique teaching staff, our flexibility in language and study programmes and our people-oriented approach. Many of our graduates go on to have international careers, performing all over the world. All the more reason for us to work actively on the further internationalisation of our activities. We do everything we can to prepare you for an international career, we encourage you - also financially - to spread your wings, we collaborate with foreign conservatoires, venues and cultural institutions, motivate foreign students to study in Maastricht, invite international guest lecturers, but also like to see our teaching staff spread their expertise on an international level.
In order to make this easier for you as a student, but also for teaching staff, we have set up an International Office. You can contact this service centre if you intend to go abroad for your studies, training courses, or to teach. The International Office is also available for questions (incl. about scholarships) from foreign visitors to Conservatorium Maastricht, whether you are here for an Erasmus+ exchange or to teach masterclasses.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
If you would like to know more about our teaching staff, management team or student ambassadors, then surf to our team.
Conservatorium Maastricht participates in the Erasmus+ exchange programme. The aim of this programme is to stimulate exchanges between students in EU countries as well as Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Turkey. Millions of students have already taken advantage of the Erasmus+ programme. You may be next! Participants get the opportunity to study or do a work placement abroad for a period of three months, which is officially recognised, so you will be awarded credits. We feel this is a chance you should grab with both hands.
ERASMUS+ exchange at Conservatorium Maastricht
Conservatorium Maastricht participates in the Erasmus+ exchange programme. The aim of this programme is to stimulate exchanges between students in EU countries as well as Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Turkey. Millions of students have already taken advantage of the Erasmus+ programme. You may be next! Participants get the opportunity to study abroad in another institution, which is officially recognised, so you will be awarded credits. We feel this is a chance you should grab with both hands.
How does it work?
If you are interested in doing an exchange at Conservatorium Maastricht, and are enrolled at another conservatoire, this is possible if your institution has an agreement with Conservatorium Maastricht. If that is not the case, please contact our International Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Erasmus+ code for Conservatorium Maastricht is: NL HEERLEN 14. In order to be admitted, you need official documents (more about this below) and you need to audition with us.
The Classical Department hosts exchange students in the first semester of the academic year (i.e. September until February) The Jazz Department offers the opportunity to do an exchange of one semester or a whole academic year.
As a guideline the number of ECTS for one semester is 30 and for one academic year 60. However depending on the courses you take the number of ECTS can vary.
Procedure to apply for an ERASMUS+ exchange at Conservatorium Maastricht
- Inform with your home institution whether they have an Institutional Agreement with Conservatorium Maastricht. Our ERASMUS+ Code is NL HEERLEN 14
- Acquire a nomination letter from your home institute which states that they agree with you applying for an ERASMUS+ exchange at Conservatorium Maastricht
- Send your nomination letter including the department (jazz or classical) and main subject to our International Office at email@example.com.
- Our International Office will send you the link to apply via our OSIRIS platform.
- Upload all the required information via OSIRIS before 15 April 2023
- AEC Application Form ERASMUS+
- Scan of a valid passport/ID
- Motivation letter: this letter includes your motivation to come to Maastricht for an ERASMUS exchange. It also includes an overview of the repertoire/styles you studied over the past two years, or in case of composers a list of compositions you wrote.
- Links (YouTube, Vimeo, or similar) to your audition video’s. More information about the specific requirements of these video’s may be found on the website of Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Our International Office will inform you before 15 May 2023 if you are admitted to our exchange programme. You will receive an overview of the available courses apart from the main subject.
- Fill out your Learning Agreement and send it back to our International Office before 1 June 2023. The Learning Agreement needs to be signed by the responsible person of your home institution.
- Theory level test: in case you choose to follow theory subjects from our programme, you may be invited to an online theory test/interview by the Theory Department to determine whether you have the required knowledge and skill to follow the subject of your choice.
- Our International Office will return a signed copy of the Learning Agreement to your home institution, confirming the exchange.
- Confirm your ERASMUS+ exchange at our institution before 1 July 2023 by sending an email to our International Office.
We wish you good luck and hope to meet and make music with you at Conservatorium Maastricht!