Our flute class is an international class with a methodical approach of the instrument for very talented flautists.
Maastricht is not only a lovely city to study in, its Conservatorium has an excellent dynamic curriculum thanks to varied projects, Eramus exchanges, etc. In the Bachelor’s programme, you will focus on a solid basic technique and instrumental expressiveness. Gradually, you will learn to accomplish your goals and work towards the Master’s degree. Once in the Master’s programme, we will develop your unique personality and help you achieve your full potential, so you will be ready to enter professional life with a solid foundation of multi-disciplinary excellence.
Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record two video’s that contains:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the audition programme in one take, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the programme he or she will perform.
The video’s should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidates responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Audition requirements for a Bachelor audition
Perform three études of contrasting character
- L. Drouet: 25 Études célèbres
- L. Hugues: 40 Studies Op.101
- H. Genzmer: Neuzeitliche Etüden Vol I
Perform two recital pieces/sonatas of contrasting character
- W.A. Mozart: Andante for flute and orchestra
- G.F. Händel: Sonata in b for flute and B.C.
- C. Saint-Saëns: Romance for flute and piano
- A. Roussel: Andante and Scherzo