If you decide to study Tuba and/or Euphonium at Conservatorium Maastricht, you must be prepared to invest time and energy into developing your individual talent and potential to achieve the highest possible level.
The curriculum offers one-on-one instruction, group instruction, masterclasses and academic subjects (e.g. music theory, music history). With a wide range of performance opportunities in orchestral, chamber music and contemporary music projects and placements, you will be able to combine your passion for performance with professional performance training.
You will be encouraged to learn self-discipline and time management, to explore various career options and to visualise your future career and role in developing your musical landscape.
Before you apply
Pre-audition video requirements:
For the pre-audition, the candidate needs to record two video’s that contains:
- Video 1: A short introduction of him/herself in English: talk about your musical experiences, your motivation to study music, your main subject and why you choose to audition at Conservatorium Maastricht.
- Video 2: A recording of the audition programme in one take, in fixed camera position without any editing. The candidate’s face and body should be clearly visible. At the start of the video, the candidate announces his/her Zuyd student number and the programme he or she will perform.
The video’s should be uploaded to an online platform such as YouTube.com or Vimeo.com. It is the candidates responsibility to make sure that the video links work.
Audition requirements for a Master audition
Record the following pieces
- R. Vaughan Williams: Tuba Concerto
- R. Schumann: Adagio and Allegro (arr. F. Cooley)
- A contemporary piece of your own choice